Relevant to both Hyams and Jervis Bay
Beyond Hyams Beach, there are a number of options for shopping, groceries and eating out. The major or more interesting options are as follows:
- Vincentia shops – service station (with gas bottle exchange facility), Coles, bottle shop, toy shop, various banks, post office, newsagency, hardware store, fish and chips, Mexican restaurant, Chinese restaurant and various cafes;
- Huskisson main street – Dolphin Watch dolphin and whale cruises, bakery, Huskisson pub and Huskisson RSL (both with great views over the busy harbour), ice cream shop, various cafes, pharmacy, surf shops, various kayak, bike and equipment hire shops, drive through bottle shop, Thai restaurant, fish & chips, ANZ, NAB, Stonegrill restaurant, Italian restaurant, interior design and gift shops…and more;
- Sanctuary Point and St Georges Basin IGA – if you find Vincentia or Huskisson to be too busy, you can also try the smaller shopping centres of Sanctuary Point or St Georges Basin, both of which have an IGA and other shops as well;
- Jervis Bay village shop and café – if you drive into the National Park you will find the Jervis Bay village shop and café which opens at 6am every day and has a good range of general supplies, foodstuffs and fishing / camping gear, as well as fresh coffee.. This shop caters mainly to the day visitors, campers and surfers who go to Booderee National Park. It is very well managed and provisioned;
- South Nowra and Nowra – for specialty items or a big shop, you may need to make the trip to South Nowra or central Nowra. Shops there include: Aldi, Woolworths, Bunnings, Rivers, Harvey Norman, Officeworks, Barbecues Galore, McDonalds and the like. You will find pretty much everything you need in Nowra. It also has great fresh meat, seafood and vegetable options.