HOLIDAYS COLLECTION - TERMS & CONDITIONS
When booking with us, the top ten things you should know are as follows:
- The homes in the Holidays Collection portfolio are not available for wedding receptions, schoolies, bucks and hens nights. Immediate eviction is our course of action once such an event comes to our attention. Please do not book a Holidays Collection house for any of these occasions.
- Your booking is not binding until you have paid the 50% deposit, after which cancellation fees if within 3 months of arrival for peak season and Easter bookings, or 21 days for other bookings. Bookings with "instant confirmation" made through Stayz require full payment at time of booking. This is a requirement of the Stayz website.
- You can pay via credit card (2% surcharge), EFT, or cheque
- You must also provide valid credit card details (in lieu of a cash bond) before you will be given access to the property. Please refer to our "Saving of Credit Card Details" policy below
- To avoid a bond claim, you must look after the property as you would your own. This includes:
- respecting the peace and privacy of your neighbours at all times
- ensuring dirty dishes are not left in the sink at time of departure
- taking out the garbage
- not moving the furniture,
- Please do not un-cable electronic appliances,
- only having pets if property is pet friendly and it has been agreed prior to your stay
- Avoiding excessively drunken and rowdy behaviour
- Check in is 2pm and check out is normally 10am. Many properties give a 4pm check out on Sundays or public holidays, and you will be advised of this via your booking emails
- The Holidays Collection (or the owner) will always endeavour to have the property in good working order, however cannot guarantee every aspect of the property and especially items that can be inherently temperamental - electronics, wifi, television reception, barbecue lighters, or the functioning of pools and spas
- If you have an issue during your stay, please report it asap to us to give us the opportunity to rectify it. We will not be responsible for compensation for issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property
- The Holidays Collection or the owner will never be responsible for any loss occasioned by bush fires, excessive rain and storm activity, excessive beach erosion or seaweed, or the failure of any utilities
- An owner is entitled to withdraw a property from the rental pool at any time, or to request us to make a price change at any time. If this happens, every reasonable effort will be made by us to offer you alternative accommodation. Otherwise, all monies will be refunded to you
SAVING OF CREDIT CARD DETAILS
- If paying by credit card, our reservation system saves the details so that we can automatically process any further payments on your behalf
- We do not take a cash bond, however we keep your credit card details on file in the event of damage to the property, excessive cleaning charges, removal of excess rubbish, or any other breach of our terms and conditions
- A bond claim may entail a charge for the time of our staff or cleaners at a rate of $44 per hour, tradespeople at a rate of $70 - 90 per hour, tip fees for excess rubbish at cost, and any materials used at cost
- If required, a tax invoice for the amount of any bond claim will be provided to you by The Holidays Collection
MAKING A BOOKING, DEPOSITS AND FINAL PAYMENTS
- A booking may be held but will not be legally binding on The Holidays Collection or the owner until a deposit is paid. To proceed with a booking, the following deposit and final payment rules apply:
- Bookings made more than 21 days before arrival: 50% deposit required and balance 21 days prior to arrival
- Bookings made within 21 days of arrival: 100% payment upon booking
- Bookings with "instant confirmation" made through Stayz require full payment at time of booking. This is a requirement of the Stayz website.
- Bookings may be cancelled if a deposit is not received in accordance with the above
- Once a booking is made, we reserve the right to charge an additional fee of $50 for any changes made to dates or other particulars.
- If a particular special is not available at the time of making your booking, we are under no obligation to retrospectively apply it to your booking
- Payment of the deposit constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions
For peak season and Easter bookings:
- If you cancel within 3 months of arrival, you will forfeit all monies paid unless we are able to rebook the property for you at the same rate in which case an administration fee of $110 + the $44 booking fee will be forfeited
- If you cancel before 3 months of arrival, an administration fee of $110 + the $44 booking fee will be forfeited
For bookings at other times of the year:
- If you cancel within 21 days of arrival, you will forfeit all monies paid unless we are able to rebook the property for you at the same rate in which case an administration fee of $110 + the $44 booking fee will be forfeited
- If you cancel before 21 days of arrival, an administration fee of $110 + the $44 booking fee will be forfeited
PAYMENT METHODS AND CREDIT CARD CHARGES
Payment can be made by credit card or direct deposit. We do not accept Amex or Diners and a 2% surcharge applies to all credit card transactions.
To make payment, please do the following:
- Credit card - please either:
- Go to our web site (holidayscollection.com.au) and under “Guest Info” you will find a “Payments” page. You can pay via credit card using your YBI booking number and the exact e-mail address that was used for making your booking. The payments page is also located at: https://app2.yesbookit.com/ybi?agent=HBH&mod=site-paybook2&book=&email=
- call our office on 02 4443 0242 and provide your credit card details to us
- Direct deposit - please use your YBI booking number as your reference (include any hyphens, or if you banking system does not accept hyphens, please put a space between each number. Failing that, please include your name in the description):
- Holidays Collection Trust Account
- BSB 082762
- Account 529572877
- Swift code: NATAAU3303M
- Personal or bank cheque - made out to Holidays Collection Trust Account
- Credit card details and a completed security bond form are required before keys or access to the property are provided
- A cash bond may be required to be provided in lieu of credit card details in some instances or if you are unwilling to provide your credit card details. The funds need to be direct deposited 2 weeks prior to your arrival date. Any applicable refund will be returned via bank transfer to your nominated bank account after the property has been inspected and cleaned.
- The Holidays Collection may request a cash bond in lieu of credit card details.
- No funds are deducted for a bond, however credit card details are kept on file in the event of any breach of the tenant obligations set out below – especially in relation to property damage or excessive cleaning costs
- Your obligations under the security bond potentially include:
- damage to the property or furnishings, repairs and/or replacement of items, and breakages
- excess cleaning due to leaving the house in an unreasonable state
- repositioning moved furniture
- overloading the house with excess guests
- having pets at the house without permission
- production of an excessive or unreasonable amount of rubbish
- lost keys and/or garage/alarm remotes
- late departure
- noise complaints requiring attention by one of our staff
- any other losses sustained by the owner of the Property as a direct or indirect consequence of the actions of you or your guests
- We are not obliged to inform you before we make any charges against your credit card, if you are in breach of the above obligations
- You will have ultimate recourse against any unfair charges to the Office of Fair Trading NSW
- To process any security bond claim, The Holidays Collection may also charge a $55 administration fee
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT TIMES
The following check in and check out times apply:
- Peak season bookings (mid-December to Australia Day)
- Check in – 2pm
- Check out – 10am
- Out of peak season bookings:
- Check in – 2pm
- Check out – 10am
- Late check out on Sunday or public holiday – a 4 pm may be granted and this will be made clear in our booking emails
- No damages - you as the tenant accept responsibility for and agree to indemnify us and/or the owner against any loss or damage or breakages to the premises or the household contents caused by you or your guests. Damages or breakages in excess of normal wear and tear may be charged to you
- Cleanliness – you, as the tenant, agree that the property will be left in a neat and tidy condition (as found at the commencement of the rental), which includes washing up dirty dishes or emptying the dishwasher, sweeping hard floors and deck areas, removal of rubbish and putting it in the bins for collection. If you have rubbish in excess to the bin provided, that shall be removed by you. Excessive cleaning or rubbish removal charges may be charged to you if you breach this obligation
- Moving furniture and un-cabling electronic devices – please do not move furniture around the house or un-cable televisions, DVD’s or other electronic devices. If the cleaners or someone else are required to spend time on rectifying what you have done, you may be charged an hourly rate.
- No noise disruption - social gatherings can be held (within reason) however extended parties, loud music and obtrusive behaviour will not be tolerated. If a warning about noise is given to you or your guests (either verbally or in writing) without effect, you may be asked to leave the property and the tenancy will be terminated IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. If our staff, the police or village security guards are called to a property during a tenancy to deal with noise complaints or to give a warning, a fee of up to $200 may be charged. For the purposes of this clause, noise disruption includes loud behaviour of any type that disrupts the peace and quiet of others, intrusive or abusive language, loud music or any other sounds affecting other residents that are audible outside the boundaries of the property.
- Faults - faulty appliances or other problems with the property must be reported to our office immediately. Damages or breakages in excess of normal wear and tear may be charged to you.
- No fireworks - fireworks are illegal in New South Wales - at all times of the year, so if they are reported, we are obliged to notify the police.
- Safe custody of keys – at all times during your stay, you must keep safe custody of the keys provided to you. A lock out fee of $50 will apply if one of our staff is called to the property outside of office hours to assist with keys having been locked inside the property. If keys are lost, a lock out fee of $50 will apply plus the cost of obtaining a replacement set of keys including remote control dongles.
- Lock up and return of keys - upon vacating please ensure that all doors and windows are locked and that keys are returned to our office or the key drop box only. Do not under any circumstances whatsoever leave keys at the property or at any other location.
- Number of guests – your agreement is for the number of guests displayed on the website for the property. Numbers in excess of this will result in a fee of $100 per night, per person. The owner of the property will however be given the right to terminate, without refund, or to request that the numbers be reduced.
10.1 No additional mattresses, tents or caravans are permitted in or on the grounds of the property at any time.
- Problems or complaints - in the case of any problem, complaint or issue, you must inform us at the earliest opportunity so that we have the opportunity to rectify any issues, problems or concerns as soon as possible. We are here to provide solutions and rectify issues during your stay, even if after hours, and will not be responsible for compensation for issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property
HOLIDAYS COLLECTION OBLIGATIONS
- Rectification of issues - whilst we and the owners of the properties take care to keep the houses in good condition and good working order, nevertheless breakages, outages and malfunctions beyond our control do occur. When this happens, we will rectify a situation as soon as practicable, however we or our owners cannot accept responsibility for any loss and no compensation will be given. This applies to the property, its inclusions, the supply of utilities, and where applicable, the pool or spa.
- Withdrawal of property or price change by owner – an owner is entitled to withdraw a property from the rental pool at any time, or to request us to make a price change at any time. Although uncommon, should a property be withdrawn, or should its price be changed, by an owner during all of or part of the period of your booking, every reasonable effort will be made by us to offer you alternative accommodation. Alternatively, all monies paid will be refunded and you hereby agree that you will accept a refund as an acceptable solution should such a situation arise.
- Cleaning – it is normal practice for a property to be cleaned prior to your arrival, however during peak season or extremely busy handover days; some tolerance may be required of tenants to accommodate cleaning schedules.
- Maintenance – we will organise for normal repairs and maintenance to be carried out during your stay, provided that the repairs and maintenance are attributable to normal wear and tear, and not damage to the property or other breakages.
- Gas bottle refills – subject to the availability of staff, we will organise gas bottle refills for you, or reimburse you for the cost of a refill if you do that yourself.
- Representation of a property – your booking is made in good faith by us as the owners’ agent. We endeavour to always accurately represent a property, however we will not be responsible for the actions of owners including making changes to a property or its inclusions. All disputes concerning the nature of the property will be referred to the owner.
- The Holidays Collection (or the owner) will endeavour to have the property in good working order, however cannot guarantee every aspect of the property and especially items which can be inherently temperamental - electronics, wifi, television reception, barbecue lighters, or the functioning of pools and spas
- Pet friendly house - a pet friendly house means that your dog is permitted on the property and unless so stated in the description of the property, also inside the house. Please check the property description closely for any specific rules that apply to that house. As a general rule, pets are not permitted on furniture or beds. Please therefore bring along your own dog bed or similar
- Fencing - some pet friendly properties are fenced as indicated in the property description, however the total security of the fencing is never guaranteed by us. You are responsible for the whereabouts of your dog at all times
- Avoid excessive cleaning charges - all houses reserve the right to charge for excess cleaning costs due to dog hair, scratching or chewing damage, etc. Please clean the house upon departure to remove dog hair and any other mess inside the house. When you leave please also check the gardens and lawns and please clean up after your dog. No surprises for the next guests please!
- An owner may change a property from pet friendly to not pet friendly it his or her sole discretion
- We will endeavour to assist you to retrieve lost or forgotten personal property; however no claim may be made on us or the owner for any loss
- Lost property will be kept for a period of 2 weeks, and then any unclaimed items will be donated to charity
- Should you want an item returned, a replay paid satchel must be sent to our office for return.
The Holidays Collection or the owner of the property will not be responsible for any damage or loss of enjoyment occasioned by any force majeure incidents that interfere with the use of your property, including but not limited to bush fires, excessive rain and storm activity, excessive beach erosion due storm activity, excessive deposits of seaweed on the beach, water supply failure, and electricity supply failure.
TERMINATION AND OTHER GENERAL TERMS
A tenancy can be terminated if a material term or condition of this agreement is breached by you.